The Guildhall is pleased to offer a wide range of rooms available for private hire, suitable for small to medium meetings through to multi-room conferences, exhibitions and large scale festivals.
Please kindly ensure you read the following important information before enquiring about room-hire, and then complete an Enquiry form HERE
Our 2023/24 room rates are available HERE
The Guildhall offers a ‘Venue-only‘ service for room-hire which means;
- Room hire is for the room only, and any services you may require as part of your booking are then arranged by you, using our approved suppliers.
- Furniture is available as part of the hire, but is not set-up by the Venue and must be planned and arranged by you.
- Access to the venue, not just the room must be considered by you to ensure safe entry for your guests/attendees.
Venue-only hire offers a different level of client management and The Guildhall does not operate a Sales & Marketing team.
As there is not an Events Management Service, we will be keen to understand who will be ‘leading’ on your meeting or event in order to ensure it is a success. Sadly the Guildhall is not able to event-manage your booking with us.
What does the Guildhall provide as part of the hire?
- Use of a function room, and its contents, which include a range of on-site furniture
- Use of on-site public facilities, reception desk (subject to multiple bookings) and main external entrance steps (subject to multiple bookings)
- For smaller meeting rooms – table linen and basic Audio/Visual equipment
- A Duty Manager for key-holding, emergency procedures and Facilities Management.
- A Premises License (subject to requirements)
- An acceptable level of cleaning of the function room(s) before and after hire.
- An acceptable level of building energy-use for the function room(s)
- A basic level of Waste removal off site for the function room(s)
What do you -‘The Hirer’ need to supply or arrange?
- Entry/Access Management to the building
- Room Floorplans and Furniture set-up for your room(s)
- Make direct contact with our approved approve suppliers for any services that your booking requires.
- Waste removal (subject to the size of the booking)
- Supply the Guildhall with a full risk assessment of the hire activity (using our Guildhall template if needed)
- Any other further documentation from any service suppliers that have been arranged by you.
You can find a range of information on each of our rooms that include a downloadable file covering capacity, possible layouts and what is available to you in each space.
What services can our approved suppliers deliver for your booking?
- Catering and Licensed Bar services, covering all types of refreshments, buffets, banqueting, bars and corkage prices.
- Security and Stewarding services (risk assessment dependent) managing your on-site security, venue access and guest welcoming.
- Corporate Audio & Visual services, meeting all technical requirements for your booking.
- A Wedding-coordination service, managing a Wedding in the Guildhall from the point of your enquiry all the way until the very end of your special day.